20 May Facilitation of peer learning workshops between Medicare Locals (Tranche 1 and 2) to evaluate the interim Needs Assessment documentation (2012)
DoHA engaged HealthConsult, in May 2012, to conduct 10 peer learning workshops with the Tranche 1 (T1) and Tranche 2 (T2) Medicare Locals. Key tasks included:
• consulting with DoHA to understand the workshop objectives, structure and draft agenda;
• reviewing the interim Needs Assessment Reports (NARs) produced by all 37 T1 and T2 MLs;
• facilitating the process to ensure the representatives of each ML presented his/her NAR according to the agreed structure;
• moderating the discussions during the workshops that resulted from the ML presentations to ensure experiences were shared and that the better (more successful) approaches were identified;
• contributed our views on both the processes used to develop, and our review of the content of the NARs, so as to provide feedback and encourage further learning;
• preparing the draft report that provided suggestions on how subsequent iterations of the process of producing NAR may be improved; and
• making an assessment of the strengths and weakness of each of the interim NARs.
The project commenced in May 2012 and was completed in July 2012. Joe Scuteri was the Project Director, responsible for execution of the project with Lisa Fodero (Director) undertaking much of the project work.