21 Nov Facilitation of four workshops for Tranche 3 Medicare Locals regarding undertaking the Needs Assessment deliverable (2012)
DoHA engaged HealthConsult, in November 2012, to conduct four Tranche 3 (T3) Medicare Local training workshops with the aim of ensuring that representatives of T3 MLs are exposed to the best practice approaches to needs assessments. Key tasks included:
- consulting with DoHA to understand the key objectives, structure, draft agenda, locations and dates for the T3 training workshops;
- organising representative(s) of the T1 and/or T2 MLs who HealthConsult felt included best practice features in their interim NARs to present at the T3 workshops;
- liaising with the nominated DoHA State Officer contact officers to ensure workshop logistics were in place;
- preparing a presentation on HealthConsult’s views on the best practices identified through facilitating the interim NAR peer learning workshops as well as a presentation that provided guidance in the use of the 2013 NAR Template;
- developing a training package (PowerPoint) to guide MLs in the steps (including links to key resources) in undertaking the needs assessment process;
- conducting and facilitating the four T3 ML needs assessment training workshops; and
- preparing the draft report that summarised the key points of the discussion at each workshop; drew out the issues arising from each workshop and highlighted opportunities for further development.
The project commenced in November 2012 and was completed in January 2013. Joe Scuteri was the Project Director, responsible for execution of the project with Lisa Fodero (Director) undertaking much of the project work.